1. Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
2. Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports, using computer.
3. Evaluate and compare the relative quality of various securities in a given industry.
4. Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability, future trends in investment risks, and economic influences.
5. Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory.
6. Monitor fundamental economic, industrial, and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
7. Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses.
8. Present oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
9. Recommend investments and investment timing to companies, investment firm staff, or the investing public.
10. Collaborate with investment bankers to attract new corporate clients to securities firms.
11. Contact brokers and purchase investments for companies, according to company policy.
12. Determine the prices at which securities should be syndicated and offered to the public.
13. Analysing of finance reports obtained from various departments such as sales, marketing, purchase, production, communication, etc.
14. Preparing reports on their research and making important suggestions on investments.
15. Determining, planning and foreseeing marketing activities.
16. Developing new and effective techniques for financial planning, thereby rendering better service to clients.
17. Reading financial statements of the organization and taking into consideration the sales, expenses and production cost to recommend investments and forecast future earnings.
18. Keeping a tab on the latest trends and techniques in the field of financial analysis.
19. Coordinating with higher management officials of their own as well as other departments, to report the progress and changes.
20. Assessing other company's performance, to decide and advice the best company to invest in.
21. Handling audits and working for client information support services.